Nutty granola bites
These little bites can satisfy a sweet tooth, boost energy levels and load you with some healthy minerals. Why not make a batch and enjoy at leisure?
Ingredients for 25-30 power bites:
3.5 dl (glutenfree) oat flakes (or cereal flakes of your choice)
5 dates and 3 figs cut in pieces & soaked in 100 ml water
50 ml sesame paste, tahini
100 ml peanuts
0.5 tsp cardamome
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp orange juice; grated orange peel
Pinch of rock salt
- Soak the dry fruit in the water until they’ve become soft.
- Process the peanuts and the sesame paste in a blender.
- Add the fruit, the soaking water, the spices, the orange juice & peel and a small pinch of rock-salt. Blend.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and incorporate the oats using a spoon to obtain a malleable mass.
- Take spoonfuls of dough (teaspoon) and shape into balls.
- Place the granola bites in a container in layers, separated by parchment paper. Store in the fridge, or in the freezer for future use 😉
NB: If you are using salted peanuts, you can rinse them to remove excess salt.