For a sheet of crispy knackebrod, you will need:
4 tbsp buckwheat
2 tbsp flaxseed
2 tbsp psyllium seeds (if you can’t get hold of psyllium, replace with for instance 2 tbsp riceflour, alternatively buckhwheat, adjusting the amount of water if necessary)
1 tbsp sesame
12 tbsp water
a pinch of rock-salt, turmeric & thyme
1 tsp canola oil.
- Mix all the ingredients to obtain a thick spreadable batter. If too dry, add some extra tablespoons of water.
- Preheat the oven at 175 C (350 F).
- Spread the dough thinly on an oven tray covered with parchment paper. Bake for about 18 min in the middle of the oven, until the bread is golden and the edges start lifting from the paper.
- Check for crunchiness before taking it out.
- Let the bread cool on a rack and store it in an air-tight container – however, between you and me, that might not be necessary…