I risk sounding repetitive, but anything berry makes me merry. After all ’tis the season to get carried away with forest fruit, and a great thing you can do with berries is a clafoutis.
I mean, isn’t it the joyfullest of words for a sweet? If you’re happy and you know it clafoutis!
On your mark, get set, go!
For 6 pieces of guilt-free heaven you will need:
2 free range eggs
200/300 gr berries, frozen or fresh
2 tbsp canola oil
100 ml (non dairy) milk
70 gr almond meal
30 gr shredded coconut
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cm vanilla pod
1/4 tsp cardamom
- Heat up the milk with the vanilla pod and let simmer. Pick up the vanilla, cut it open and scrape the black seeds out so that they can properly infuse the milk. Remove the pod and set the milk aside.
- Mix the coconut, almond meal, cardamom, sugar and salt in a recipient. Add the milk and the oil and mix. Cover with a kitchen towel and let swell.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200 C. When the oven is ready, add the eggs into the mixture and fold in the berries.
- Grease an oven pan and sprinkle it with some shredded coconut. Pour the mix into the pan and bake for around 20 min until golden. The cake should be dry – check using a toothpick or a fork.
- The almond meal, coconut and berries make this cake very moist and tender. The taste matures well and you can keep it in the fridge for several days, but that won’t be necessary.
Cause your happy and you know it and you really want to show it, and…. share it!