Pao de feta
The coming weeks are heaven on earth for football lovers. If you are not a football lover, watching football will certainly go down better with some good snacks around…
You will need:
3 cups tapioca flour (aka cassava)
200 gr feta cheese
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk, dairy or non dairy (I used non dairy milk diluted with some water)
2 tbsp oil
1 free range egg
- Preheat the oven at 200 C
- Crumble the feta cheese in a recipient adding some fresh black ground pepper and herbs if you wish.
- Heat up the liquids, milk/water mix and oil until a bit warmer than lukewarm.
- Add to the mix of tapioca and salt and combine. Then add the egg and get your hands dirty. Finally, add the crumbled feta and enjoy kneading this nicely elastic dough.
- Make small balls and line them up on parchment paper on an oven tray. My yield were 35 cheesy beauties, but you can go for somewhat bigger rolls as well.
The balls will take around 20 min to bake, or until golden brown.
Typically they will crack a little bit and reveal some of their inner beauty. Crunchy on the outside, slightly gooey on the inside and simply irresistible.
Enjoy straight out of the oven, or freeze them and let them come to your rescue in case of acute football despair.
(Recipe seen on self.com)
Let the games begin and the balls roll!