What could be more comforting than – any kind of – freshly baked bread coming out of the oven?
You cannot counter patriarcal dumbness with baking, obviously, but you can brighten a white winter day.
This bread is neither sweet nor savoury, so just slice it and let your imagination run wild. In the end, why wouldn’t you? Anything is possible…
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 free range eggs
- 50 ml oil
- 50 ml soy milk
- 150 ml buckwheat flour
- 100 ml (glutenfree) oat flakes
- 50 ml durra (millet) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 175 C (347)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mash the bananas in a separate recipient, beat in the eggs and add the liquids
- Add the banana mix to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until you obtain a smooth batter
- Transfer to a greased 1 lit bread form
- Bake for about 50 min, until a toothpick comes out - almost- dry
- The bananas make the bread somewhat moist, so the toothpick may not come out totally dry after 50 min. Slightly sticky is OK, but not wet.
- Keep the bread in the fridge, or slice and keep some in the freezer.