I once transited through the Seoul international airport and ever since I have wanted to visit Korea. As I have no concrete plans of doing so yet, I am contenting myself with discovering the Korean cuisine.
If you are of a curious disposition with a fondness for freshness and spice, try sprucing up your vegetable salad with a Korean-inspired dressing!
- 150-200 g finely grated cabbage
- 4 small carrots, grated
- 2 small beetroots, grated
- 2-3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1-2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- a pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, roasted
- Place the grated vegetables in a bowl, sprinkle with salt
- Soften the grated vegetables with your hands to soften them
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the vegetables
- Mix everything together and preferably refrigerate the salad for at least an hour
- In the meantime, heat up a skillet with some drops of oil and roast the mustard and sesame seeds until they start popping.
- Add the seeds a bit before serving the salad
- Add some pieces of green apple for a nice contrast