I am posting this recipe right on time for the weekend, because maybe you’ll want to spoil somebody special, or take extra good care of yourself, or both…
These American-style pancakes are glutenfree, sugarfree and vegan. They are made of glutenfree oats, buckwheat and you guessed right – bananas!
In this recipe I am using almond milk, a nice and light non dairy alternative. You can also replace some of it with water and of course, go for another dairy, or non dairy choice of your preference.
For a more funky presentation, top them with cream, peanut butter, honey, berries – you name it – stack them and attack. They will fall for you.
So, who are you making happy this weekend?
- 60 g glutenfree oats
- 60 g buckwheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamome
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp millet or coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 200 ml almond milk (or half milk, half water)
- Process the oatflakes
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Process the bananas with the almond milk/water
- Mix everything together
- Grease a skillet and heat it on medium heat
- Place spoonfuls of batter on the skillet and bake for approximately 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown
- Serve immediately!
- You can use almond milk or half water half (almond) milk