A Greek salad is as simple as it is summery. Together with some good quality bread it makes a light and satisfying lunch.
Sun kissed tomatoes and cool cucumber cut in irregular pieces; finely sliced onion and fleshy olives; dressed with olive oil, red vinegar, oregano and salt; optionally enhanced with capres and fresh, or pickled peppers…
For a batch of four olive breads you will need:
200 g buckwheat
50 g corn polenta or corn meal
10 pitted olives cut in pieces
2-3 pieces of sun dried tomatoes cut in pieces
150 ml orange juice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp flaxseed
a pinch of salt and oregano
1/4 tsp turmeric
optional: sesame and sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven at 250°C (482 ºF).
- Mix all the dry ingredients including the baking powder, spices, olives and sundried tomatoes in a bowl.
- Incorporate the olive oil and orange juice to obtain a smooth dough that leaves the sides of the recipient.
- Using a tablespoon, separate the dough in four pieces that you’ll place on an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
- Mix some oregano, oil and coarsely ground salt and smear it on the breads, while shaping them using your fingers and the spoon.
- Bake for about 12 min in the middle of the oven, until the breads have turned golden brown.