Sometimes the simplest things are the most complicated to get right.
This is a recipe for grilled summer vegetables that works very well with zucchini and aubergines alike.
The result is tender, moist and very light-tasting grilled vegetables that will directly transport you to the Mediterranean…
For four persons you will need:
3 large zucchini
the juice of one lemon
1-2 tsp of rock- salt in herbs, or salt & 2 tsp of dried herbs
2-3 tbsp olive oil
chili & finely chopped garlic (optional)
- Squeeze one lemon and add a good teaspoon of rock-salt, 2 teaspoons of dry herbs and 2 tablespoons of oil. Chili and garlic are optional.
- Cut three big zucchini into 1 cm thick slices. Place the slices in a recipient and mix them with the olive and lemon dressing; set aside.
- Heat up the oven to 220 C at top and bottom heat. Place the zucchini pieces on a tray lined with parchment paper pouring any remaining liquid over them, and bake at the middle of the oven.
- After 15 min, take the tray out and turn the slices one by one. At this stage, you can brush them with some extra oil and add some salt and spices.
- Bake the slices for another 15 min (you can turn the oven off towards the end and let the vegetables bake in the ‘after- heat’).
If you prefer your vegetables crunchy, you can leave them in for some more minutes.
Ovens are known to be quite temperamental, so it’s advisable to keep an eye on your vegetables, unless you want to hear them screaming ¡Ay, Caramba!
PS: A timer is a confirmed excellent accessory for absent-minded and/or multitasking cooks.
La chica pea